Save Money When Going Out
There are still lots of things you can do to keep your fun activities cost effective! Here are some easy ways to save on your next night out.
1. Sign Up On Lists. Most restaurants have an email list where they send out occasional specials and coupons. Make sure you sign up for all of your favorites! This can be an easy way to get a free appetizer, a discounted meal, or a special birthday dessert.
2. Use the Internet. Just a few minutes of research can lead to big savings. Search your favorite restaurants for online coupons. Don't forget to check social media sites like Facebook for specials too! In fact, many places will create a special offer just for new fans, so go "Like" your local restaurants.
3. Share. We've all ordered a meal out and been shocked by the amount of food that comes out. If you know a restaurant serves large portions, consider splitting an entree with someone else. You'll save on your total bill and still get to enjoy a meal out.
4. Drink Water. Have you looked at the price of a soft drink lately? Many restaurants charge $2-$3 for one drink! Order water and you'll lower your cost without sacrificing your meal.
5. Plan For Leftovers. If you choose not to split an order, you can always plan for those extra leftovers. By adding these to your meal plan, you'll save on additional grocery costs while still getting the most from your meal out.
6. Groupon. Groupon is a great place to find deals on everything from meals to fun local activities. Sign up on their website and receive a daily offer at huge discounts. This is also a great way to find new restaurants and explore the local community!
Going out doesn't have to be a budget buster. With just a little planning you can find great deals and enjoy your next Saturday night out on the town!
Need to save money for those nights out and vacation weekends? Crockett National Bank offers two great options:
* Open a savings account at Crockett. We now have an easy online application. Click here for details.
* Open a Star Checking Account which comes with benefits including travel and shopping savings!